As the weekend approaches my mind is on the wedding this weekend of our nephew Marquis and his beautiful bride to be Paige. Weddings always remind me of what it was like in the beginning for Brad and I. I was telling someone of all the things God put into place that allowed me to be with Brad and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was the one. I thought that I might start my thanks tonight with some of those things.
1. My first one was kinda silly but God gave me it anyways. I had always wanted my future husbands hand to fit perfectly in mine…the first time. I will never forget us riding home one night, going down I-44, and Brad reached over and took my hand. It fit perfectly, so much so that I turned my head to keep Brad from seeing the tears in my eyes.
2. I knew I needed someone who was spiritually more mature than me, to be my shepherd. One night while I visited youth camp and Brad was interning there, during the altar call I was at the back and Brad was at the front praying for a student. I felt a whisper in my spirit saying, there is what you asked for. I cried like a baby knowing in that moment that I was in love.
3. Brad and I did not kiss for the first three months of our relationship. I had always said I wanted to marry my best friend. In those three months he became my best friend.
4. Just after that God gave me a beyond a shadow of a doubt moment telling me Brad was my forever love! While sitting in the back of the church one night I was praying for God to give me peace and to allow me to know. Brad came up and put his arm around me, saying nothing out loud, and began to pray for me. I knew in that moment when God whispered in my spirit, “he is yours.”
5. God gave me my every want and need when He gave me Brad.
6. Brad puts up with me. 🙂
7. Brad and I both know God put us together and we had no hand in it.
8. When God gave me Brad He gave me an amazing new family.
9. My in-laws treat me like a daughter.
10. I gained not only a great immediate family but a truly blessed extended family.
11. I am love by so many!
12. I have an amazing Grandmother in-law who is an amazing woman of God. She calls me Melisha and I love it!!
13. Our families are both a huge blessing to us.
On to today:
14. Emma helped a little girl at school today who didn’t want to stay.
15. Emma’s teacher was moved by her caring heart.
16. Emma has a true caring heart and loves to help kids who are upset.
17. I paid 4 bills today and there is still plenty of money in the bank.
18. God is our provider!!
19. I got to design a save the date invite for my mom’s office. I love getting to be creative.
20. Mom loved the card. 🙂
21. I got to practice more tonight with my dad’s camera. Wedding pictures Saturday!
22. CYM had a great service tonight!
23. I love having a youth pastor!
24. I got to sit with my friend Cherryl, she makes me smile.
25. I get amazing hugs from my Eddie.
26. Tonight I even got a shoulder rub from him.
27. I also got my back scratched by Uncle Richard, bonus!
28. I have such great people in my life!!